Sunday, March 23, 2008

Starting a New Color

First off, thanks for your wonderful, instructive videos!

My question is: when you reach the end of a row, and you want the next row to be a different color, do you tie off and then start with another slip knot with the new yarn? Or, what's the process? Thanks!

*****

A. You're so welcome! My niece and I have really enjoyed doing these videos!

You ask a great question, and it sounds like you're on the right track. Yes, you do tie off your "finished" color, and then at the same place tie a little knot with the "new" color. Make sure and chain the appropriate number of stitches to start your new row. (1 chain for a single-crochet row, 3 chains for a double-crochet row.)

You will need to "hide" the "tail" from where you have started your new color. Crochet it into your "new color" crochet row when you have enough to work with.

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I enjoy the Coleman website, whenever I get a chance to get on. I'm sure you can tell.... I try to post pics as often as I can on there. Have a great weekend!