Saturday, July 5, 2008

Crochet Abbreviations

Question: Great videos, thank you. I'm also watching from the UK (Wales). Could you please run through pattern abbreviations for us. I can understand the stitches you're showing us visually but then when I read the baby beanie pattern I don't know what any of the shorthand means. And there's a mixture of you talking about 'G' sized hooks but pictures with numbered sizes. I'm a complete n00b so don't know what the equivalents are. Thanks again :)

Answer: Thank you - yes, I'll be glad to give a list of the US abbreviations! Here they are:

ch = chain
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet


I've got to admit that I need to do some more searching on the hook-size terms! I'll try to do that this week. I've been surprised that the hooks labeled with "letters" are not being listed on the sites I've already checked with. It could be that the "letters" are phasing out. I WILL check into this, though.

P.S. It sounds like you are doing wonderful - so just keep up the good work!

No comments: