Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Heather Martin

Baby's Crying (The) by Heather and Cindy Martin
God Bless America
Walking

When Are You Coming Home?
You were almost sixteen when I came into the world.
Mom and dad had you first then 3 more boys I'm the baby girl.
I sure have a lot to look up to in you, you're really smart and funny with a big heart too.
After one year of college you knew what you had to do.
It's just like you wanting to help with the war.
So you joined the army when i was only 4.
This time of year we talk of big plans but you're over seas in some distant land.
You can't be here for Christmas, I don't understand.
Chorus:
When are you coming home, Shaun?
When are you coming home?!
We lit up the house like we always do but it doesn't seem bright 'cause we can't have you.
In my prayers I ask God to keep you safe.
And I'm trying to be really brave.
Tell me that the fighting's through.
Come home!
I really miss you.

It's hard to enjoy the holidays without you.
But we're so proud of you and all the red, white and blue.
Remember that Jesus is your best friend,
And someday our families will be together again.
Wow! you know we'll have a great big party then.

(Chorus)

I want to show you how tall I've grown and introduce you to my new friends at school.
Maybe we could go and get some ice cream together but I really don't care what we do.

(Chorus)

No comments: