Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on Shawl Pattern Question

A. Update, 8-14-08: I did sit down and crocheted these instructions. There is one thing that I want you to know, it's NOT your lack of expertise that is giving you problems! I also had trouble deciding what the author was trying to say!

I have decided that when the pattern says "spaces" in the first 2 instructions, it just means the hole that is formed after you do the half-double-stitches.

When the pattern says this in Row 3:


Row 3: Chain 4, hdc in first chain - 2 space, chain 2; hdc in next chain, - 2 space, chain 2; hdc in second space of beginning chain-4, 3 spaces made, turn.



This is what I believe the author is saying:
Row 3: chain 4; hdc in first chain-2-space; chain 2; hdc in next chain-2-space; chain 2; hdc in second space of beginning chain-4; 3 spaces made; turn.



Then Row 4, when it says:
Row 4: Chain 4, (hdc, chain 2) in each chain -2 space across, hdc in 2nd chain of beginning, chain-4 - 4 spaces made, turn. Repeat Row 4 60 times.



I believe Row 4 means this:
Row 4: Chain 4, (hdc, chain 2) in each chain-2-space across; hdc in 2nd chain of the beginning chain-4; 4 spaces (holes on this row) made; turn. Repeat the fourth row 60 times.

1 comment:

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Thank you -- I will try it again, and let you know if I have any success!